CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.8.2 is now available. It contains security patches as well as enhancements from the earlier 4.8.1.
Here are some of the changes found on this update:
- Backups can now be made via the command line which means you can just add a command to cron or your task manager and schedule when you need to run the back up.
- Category Tree selection from the earlier version is now back by clicking the button that will show the pop up with the categories. This favors those who are still not used to the new version of selecting categories by typing it on 4.8.1.
- Add-on management is now more convenient. Now, after installing and activating/deactivating the add-on you won’t be taken to the “Installed Add-ons” tab, and the search results won’t be dropped. Previously, if you wanted to install an add-on and then access its settings, you had to search for the add-on twice: first to install it, and then to open its settings, because the search results were dropped.
- The IDs of features, pages and blog posts are now displayed in the admin panel. For example, it comes useful when you need to add a link to a blog page to the menu. Previously, to learn the ID of an object you had to find the object in the list, hover the mouse over it, and check the link. Now the IDs are simply displayed next to the names of objects.
- Embedding your store into a Facebook page tab must now done via an add-on.
Ready to upgrade your Cart, check out our upgrade service here.
For a complete guide of the update, please click on the official post by CS-Cart here.